We had Sherry Torkos on our show last week with tips for curing your winter dry skin.
Here are 9 Steps to Healthy Skin that Sherry will speak to. Please let me know if you need anything else. Thanks!
9 Keys to Healthy Skin in 2009
1. Eat more tomatoes and tomato products (salsa, tomato sauce). Tomatoes contain a compound called lycopene which can help protect your skin from the damaging rays of the sun. The sun is intense even in the cold winter; 80% of the suns rays are reflected from snow and ice.
2. Drink green tea. It is loaded with antioxidants that are good for your skin. Topical products containing green tea and other nutrients can help minimize cellulite and improve skin firmness.
3. Boost your intake of omega-3s with fish or chia seed. Omega-3 fatty acids reduce inflammation and protect against UV damage and wrinkles.
4. Let your skin breath. Don’t go to bed with makeup on. Wash your face morning and evening with a gentle cleanser. Go for a steam or sauna to rid your skin and body of toxins.
5. Exfoliate regularly to slough off dead skin and prevent clogged pores and breakouts.
6. Moisturize morning and evening with a product designed for your skin type.
7. Wear sunscreen with minimum SPF 15 when outdoors and don’t forget your lips.
8. Cover up in the cold. Wear a scarf to protect your face. Harsh wind and cold can cause damage to capillaries (tiny blood vessels) on the face.
9. Don’t break your budget by paying high prices at the department store. There are quality brands available at the drug store for a fraction of the price.
Sherry Torkosong is a pharmacist, author, and certified fitness instructor. She received her Bachelor of Science degree in Pharmacy from the Philadelphia College of Pharmacy and Science in 1992 and practices in the Niagara region of Ontario.
As a leading health expert, she has delivered hundreds of lectures to medical professionals and the public. She is frequently interviewed on radio and TV talk shows throughout North America and abroad.
She has authored ten books, including The Glycemic Index Made Simple (Wiley 2007), Winning at Weight Loss (Wiley, 2005), The Benefits of Berries (Bearing 2005), and Breaking the Age Barrier (Penquin, 2003). Her new book, The Canadian Encyclopedia for Natural Medicine will be published in January 2008 with Wiley.
It's A Content Deal
5 years ago